Monday, July 30, 2007

Time out!

The past year of my life has been focused primarily on 3 things: my home-life, my school and my apprenticeship. Home-life has been great! Steve and I are doing wonderfully as usual. We try to stay busy on the house projects and church activities. And as of late, I'm gestating!

School has continually progressed. Not that I'm a world class student by far, but I'm learning- and isn't that the point?

And thirdly- the apprenticeship. Which has also been wonderful and a great learning opportunity. So, it makes me nostalgic to dwell on the fact that it is coming to a close for this season. August 2nd I won't be renewing as a LMA. But the joy of it all is the underlying cause! I'M HAVING A BABY!

I'm essentially putting myself in a "Time out" from attending prenatals and births. My ETA for reestablishing my midwifery apprentice status is mid-January 2008. I want no less than 3 months with my sweet-pea and possibly even longer before crawling out of bed at 3:00 in the morning to run to a late night birth.

During this 'Time out' it is highly UNlikely that I will be sitting in the corner somewhere pouting... but rather actively learning this tight-rope balancing act we call parenting. (Makes one whisper in the night, "Sanity? Are you still there??? ")

Change is good. It can be challenging in one area but refreshing in another.
Thank God for seasons, even Time out seasons.

No comments: