I love my husband! There isn't another human on this planet who compares to him! His birthday is coming up this week, so I'll entertain you with a brief summary of the Top 5 Things I Love About Steve!
5. His talent for communication. I feel this is something we have developed together, but he is delightfully talented at expressing his thoughts. If he has worries or frustrations, he doesn't bottle them up. He always responds in love when I pester him for "face time" to talk. And he shows me love when I need to vent and he cares for my emotional needs.
4. The way he treats me like a princess, though I don't act like it.. I wish I served him as well as he serves me. I can look at him and say, "I'm feeling irritable because I'm needy. What I need is for you just to sit with me." And he does, then he gives me eskimo kisses and makes everything better, even when he isn't feeling so hot himself.
3. His genuine heart. He enjoys the simple things in life.. like raising plants from seed or composting kitchen scraps. He loves his family and his friends and they stay the priority in a busy life schedule. He enjoys his job and the adventures he has in the ambulance and always tells me the tale of the day with a twinkle in his eye. I love the fact that he truly likes the food I make, even when I'm practically in tears because it's HORRID, he's over there eating it! (I learned this one while we were dating- I scalded creamed tomato soup and had to PRY it from his hand. Or maybe he was just that hungry? )
2. His incredible sense of humor. I cannot tell you how much FUN we have together just being silly. Not only silliness but he's talented at telling jokes or recreating funny situations.. even limericks! I love his laugh and how he makes me laugh. I'm thankful to God that we're bringing a child into such a happy family! And if only I could record the songs he sings while in the shower.. by now we'd have a full cd of quality lyrics for 'They Might Be Giants'.
1. Steve is an amazing husband. I can't express how thankful I am for his faithfulness to me in every way. He is a hard worker and dedicated to providing for his family. He's a strong man and loves God deeply. Over the past three years I have never needed, and he blesses me with my wants most the time. I find our home to be a peaceful place, a place of love and laughter. I have to stop and thank my dear husband for all he does. I love you, baby!