Monday, May 12, 2008

Today I feel like a mom...

I know it might sound odd. 'Just now? It's been almost seven months!' But today is a GOOD day. Now that is not to say all other days are bad. They are normal. But today.. ahh... today! The sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, my favorite music is playing, my baby just woke up from a nice nap (during which I was able to chit-chat with a friend, clean the kitchen up, contemplate dinner and mop the house...phew!), and the we're playing on the front porch. Though we did run a few errands this morning which is usually taxing, we came home, ate lunch, napped, accomplished some things and now we're enjoying each other and the beautiful weather. This is what I envisioned mothering to be. Even the trees whispering in the wind are extra brilliant green today. I say, this is a 'God hug'- a moment when all is well. And today in our neck of the woods, all is well!

No comments: