Monday, September 17, 2007

Has it really been 9 months?

If I concentrate really hard I might be able to recall what it was like to not be pregnant. It seems like a lifetime ago. And the funny thing is, when I'm done being pregnant life wont go back to pre-pregnant status.. it will be consumed with a little-Steve/Katie. I assume our home will never be as quiet as it is right this moment. There will be ruckus, commotion, giggling, snuggling and loving. But never quite as it is right now. Are we ready for that change? Do we have a choice? :-)

Yeah. We're ready to hold onto our hats as we lift off into parentdom. The joy of knowing our baby is created unique and perfect for God's purpose is amazing. The individuality and personality will amaze us daily as our child grows and learns about his/her surroundings. I cannot wait to witness such a fluid work of God. "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." Ps. 22:6. This verse echo's in my head. A blessing and a challenge. May God give us stamina, courage and a willing child!

No comments: