Saturday, November 17, 2007

My Favorite Things

Although raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens rank rather high on my list of favorite things, there are currently a few other things that top the roses and kittens.

1. L. sleeping peacefully on top of me. This sounds odd to anyone who doesn't have a child. But as I am typing this precious little angel is balled up in the cutest way on my chest. I can feel and hear him breathing, kiss his forehead, and gaze at his face all I want in this position. It's heaven on earth.

2. When L. sleeps he must be dreaming of his Mama and Papa because sweet little smiles flitter across his face leaving both of his parents in awe. We also are anticipating the day when he looks us in the eye and smiles. As of right now he has a look that says, "Yeah, I see you but MAN that shadow over there on the wall is captivating."

3. I love that I make him happy. I provide comfort, warmth, security, protection, fulfillment of his needs, food and playtime... all the good things in life. To say it in one word- I am his Mama!

4. I love the moment after a long day at home alone, my husband relieves me so that I can take a shower. Again, you pre-child women out there won't fully understand but days... we're talking days without a shower... sigh. Then to pass a crying (or maybe contented) child off to S., saunter to the bathroom and shut the door. I'm describing moments of joy and freedom. But about halfway through the shower ritual, my ears are peaked and I'm straining to hear if my little man is in need of me.

5. Knowing my husband is madly in love with our son. This brings me such joy. He's such a great dad and each day we are growing and learning more of what it means to parent.

6. And as of this morning, Starbucks Peppermint Mocha :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And the first time he says "Ma ma" will be forever etched in your memory...even if he doesn't quite know that it means you. I'm looking forward to the day that Kaitlyn starts calling me and only me "Ma ma". :-) Glad you are doing well. My munchkin has been keeping me beyond busy with her crawling and cruising. Now if I could just get over this never ending morning sickness, all would be well.