Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Favorite Childrens songs: The Hunt is on...

My son is 4 weeks old. I'm obviously enjoying every moment we share together, cuddling, nursing, crying and observing the big world together. I find that each day he seems slightly different than the day before. He seems to track with his eyes more and his awake hours in general are quite fun. Although running in a close second place are the silly little chuckles and big goofy grins he displays while contentedly snoozing. I find that I don't want to put him down and I feel compelled to begin teaching him in the most simplistic way,singing, talking and exploring the baby in the mirror together. I don't want to miss a beat. I know, I know.. it sounds like I have the first time mom anxiety of doing it wrong.. but really I just want to be a good mother. I totally get that it's a trial and error thing. I love my son and want to be the best mom I possibly can.

So, Steve and I have wracked our brains trying to think of songs to sing and sadly we're quite understudied in this department. I mean we remember titles or first lines but then look quizically at each other as we hum the next bar and fade out. "Hush little baby don't say a word mama's gonna.. hum hum hu-humm mmm mmm..." It's definitly a sad state. To remedy this, Steve sent me on a mission to find baby song lyrics online. There is a wonderful site called The Teachers Guide that I think will become a good friend of mine. There are many songs with lyrics to choose from. To my glee, I ran across one of my favorite grade school songs of all times.
"Sing it if you know it..."


Apples and Bananas


I like to eat, eat, eat, eat apples and bananas

I like to eat, eat, eat, eat apples and bananas


I like to ate, ate, ate, ate ay-ples and ba-nay-nays

I like to ate, ate, ate, ate ay-ples and ba-nay-nays


I like to eat, eat, eat, eat ee-ples and bee-nee-nees

I like to eat, eat, eat, eat ee-ples and bee-nee-nees

I like to ite, ite, ite, ite i-ples and by-ny-nys

I like to ite, ite, ite, ite i-ples and by-ny-nys


I like to ote, ote, ote, ote oh-ples and bo-no-nos

I like to ote, ote, ote, ote oh-ples and bo-no-nos

I like to oot, oot, oot, oot oo-ples and boo-noo-noos
I like to oot, oot, oot, oot oo-ples and boo-noo-noos

1 comment:

Charis & Judah's Mom said...

We have this on one of the CDs we have "dance parties" to, and Charis always asks: What's a baneenee?