Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Birthday Plans

There is a standard protocol for kiddo birthday parties. Cake is a must. Presents, essential. Friends a given. Everything else, eh, more cake! Now that we are learning and becoming more aware of giving presents to others for their birthdays, the concept has hit home. L. birthday is in October. There will be a party to celebrate him, with cake and friends and most important presents.
Lately L. has been pretend playing birthday. It goes something like this.

L: Mama, I brought you a present from the store! You say, "Woo Hoo!"

M: Woo Hoo!

L: Now you say, L. I brought you a present from the store.'

M: L., I brought you a present from the store!

L: Woo Hoo!

Repeat over and over.

Sometimes the present changes, tonight it was Lightening McQueen, and my cell phone. He's so precious and creative and GIVING. I love that. He's a delight. And I am super excited about celebrating him in October. The request list is shaping up to be quite... interesting. (Chick and an umbrella.)

No comments: