Saturday, July 4, 2009

Puzzle Maniac

L. is a puzzle maniac.

I'm serious. Like, certifiable. He walks into my mom's house and first thing he asks for: "puzzle?"

We do this one particular floor puzzle like 10 times a day. And then there are the cars, trucks and tractors, planes, boats and (outside of the box) the set of train tracks. I lucked out at finding a sack full of stimulating puzzle tiles. It's a simple montessori style exercise that he really enjoys.

Last night Steve and I were able to go on a date (a very predictable but fun dinner at Ruby Tuesdays, window shopping and a hunt for a new puzzle for L.). We didn't purchase the floor puzzle but a discounted Alphabet puzzle. I'm a Mellissa and Doug snob... there, I admitted it. There are lots of new words to learn and fine motor skill to perfect!

He's already mastered it. Sigh.




No comments: