Monday, August 4, 2008

Today:

L. seems to be growing up so quickly. I'm afraid to blink; I might miss something. He's such a sweet and smiley baby! He's very attached to Mama and Dada but will happily go to Granna (and a few select others.)

L. crawls around on his hands and feet. My guess is he wants to be Spiderman when he grows up. He can stand up while holding a toy in his hands, balance for a few seconds and land-- kersplot-- back down on his rump. He creeps around the furniture, wobbling only slightly and already he tries to climb. He tires to climb into the tub, into the diswasher, up onto the bed... sigh... and he can't even walk yet!

To keep up with all the climbing L. eats well! He still nurses the majority of the time but LOVES food! Tonight he had whole wheat noodles for the first time. Yesterday he had blueberries and grapes on our outing to Lake Monticello with friends. A friend suggested frozen peas, as babies this age are trying to establish their pincer grasp this keeps them busy: chasing peas around the high chair. Sure enough, it kept him busy while I did the dishes. The only drawback I see is later that day I got to see them again. Who knew?

He does have the pincer grasp down fairly well. He also loves to bang on his drum Granna and Pop brought him from South America. He love to bang on anything really, the diaper pail, the toilet...

Not only does L. enjoy food but his all time favorite is to chew on shoes.. my new white flip flops have teeth marks on the toe. We have officially exiled all shoes to a basket on the sun porch, and don't you know if the little rascal sees the sun porch door ajar he will make a bee-line in that direction. One time he stopped to see if I was en route behind him, and I just had to chuckle when upon seeing me he turned and tried to spider crawl even faster! I could see the wheels turning.

L. LOVES his dada. He enjoys how his dad plays with him. S. figured out a new trick. I believe he calls it the helocopter: he shakes his head 'no' while pressing his hair into Levi's belly. It makes him just howl with glee.

L. is a very special kid.
I am blessed to be his mother.

No comments: