Thursday, October 29, 2009

2nd Grand Opening: Adjusting

One would think it would take fewer months to adjust to being pregnant and yet here it's taken 4 months.
No we did not fall off the face of the earth, nor did we get raptured without you! Mama's just getting back into the groove of things.

So, what filled the past 19 weeks?

After vacation I parked my tushy on the couch to study. In August I took and passed my NARM exam. Praise Yahweh. Around 6 weeks pregnant all energy drained my body and I slept, er- hibernated for days on end (or at least it seemed to Stephen that it was days...)

Following the exam chaos there was approximately a week when L. sprouted 2 lower molars and thus, put us through the preverbal 'wringer' at night. For about a week and a half he would wake anywhere from 3-6 times a night. 'Kill me now' was my mantra....

Steve's folks came for a week stay over Labor Day weekend. A blessing to the mama, who has had much more nausea and vomiting than last go round. Donna was a dream in the kitchen cleaning and helping around the house. We enjoyed having Cal around to entertain L. as well! We kept trying to sell them on the wonderful southern life in hopes they'd come permanently... but I don't know that it worked.

My sister had her baby in September, which was wonderful! I was blessed to be her doula and watch her powerfully bring my niece, Anna Clara, into the world. My mom, L. and I stayed for a week helping her as best we could.

During our 10 day stay in Atlanta my darling 23 month old weaned breastfeeding. Much to my delight, as pregnancy had NOT been kind to the girls, that chapter was closed. I loved nursing L. and probably would still be if it hadn't been so painful. I completely owe it ALL to my mother who would put him down for me at nap time and night time. The last nursing we shared was nap time the day of Clara's birth.

Since then I've been feeling much better physically. I've entered into the 2nd trimester a new lady and have arrived at being excited about being pregnant. We have decided to let this baby's gender be a surprise to all as we did with L.. We are due with baby #2 mid to late March 2010.

I have reopened my Etsy shop, listed under Onnalee13, Sheared Sheep Bottoms. I began the process while Steve's mom was down. We attacked my pile of sweaters and the machines have been whirring since then. Send your cloth diapering friends my way for a wooly great deal on covers!
Pictures on specific events will be forth coming.
This concludes the 2nd grand opening of A Family Experience! Welcome back!



No comments: