Saturday, October 31, 2009

To L.: On Turning Two

You're growing fast little one!

1. You have 18 teeth, are 33.5 inches tall and soaking wet weigh 26 lbs.

2. Your favorite foods: ice cream and cheese top the list!
Eggs, bread, potatoes, french fries, chicken, grapes, kiwi, banana, apple and peanut butter, hummus and chips, broccoli and dressing. In general you're a great eater. My crazy palate must have rubbed off on you during your time in utero, "Curry? No problem..." The last thing you tried and liked... fresh pomegranate. And anything I can't get in you, we juice!!!

3. Your favorite toy right now is your measuring tape. The obsession began with Daddy constructing around the house. He would help hold the tape and CRY when it was taken away. So, kudos to my mom and dad for giving you your very own *real* yellow measuring tape for your birthday. You're a regular Bob the Builder, kiddo! (And you already can sing the theme song, too!)

Other toys you love:
Tools (!)
Books
Painting
Tractors

4. We co-sleep so we have a more fluid view on bedtime routine. But your current routine is dinner, bath (usually short, you're not a water baby), snack, vitamin, reading books, brushing teeth with daddy, sing and cuddle with mommy and then sleep. You're so sweet to cuddle! And lately sleep nestled into the crook of my arm. I cherish your cuddles!

5. You love to talk to Yahweh... You are always ready to pray at mealtime (sometimes multiple times), when you have an ouchy, or when someone else or thing has an ouchy. You love singing church songs and "In the Garden" is your most requested song to sing. "Wheels on the Bus" is usually second runner up. You are a kind boy, L.! You play well with others and always share. I just know you'll be a great big brother. I love that about you!

6. You're learning lots! Just this morning you told me about Noah, the ark and the turtles. (I suppose the other animals were there as well...) Your book of the week is "Bumpity Bump!" by Pat Hutchins. Our outings to the library are always a thrill! I love to hear you count... 1..2..3..H..I.. It warms a mother's heart! But to hear you, at mere 2 years old, singing what you can recall of the ABC song while playing with your toys is a reminder that you are really a smart kid! You're observant as well, spotting the tiniest creature or detail and taking pleasure in finding new discoveries.

There are a hundred things you say throughout the day, I wish I could record. Little memories tucked away of my darling first born son I'll cherish always. Thank you for being wonderfully YOU!

No comments: